RAL 5th Regional Juried Photography Exhibition
January 31 through March 8, 2020
Call Deadline: December 2, 2019 (5 p.m.)
Notification of Acceptance: by January 6, 2020 (5pm)
Registration Fee: $20.00 (Registration fee is non-refundable)
Judge: Gabrielle Tillenburg
The Rehoboth Art League has hosted annual juried photography exhibitions in January since 2016. This call is open to artists living in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, New Jersey, and Washington D.C.and is open to both members and non-members of RAL.
- Corkran Gallery of the Rehoboth Art League
- Opening Reception: Friday January 31, 2020 (5-7pm)
- Gallery Talk, From the Juror with Gabrielle Tillenburg: Saturday February, 1, 2020 (10am)
Contact: Nick Serratore, Exhibitions Director
- All subjects and styles are eligible from traditional to contemporary. All submissions must have been created within the past two years. Submissions created prior to December 2017 will not be accepted. All photography done in a school, school- monitored studio or workshop, or under instructor supervision or copied from someone other than the artist applying for this show are ineligible and will be rejected. All work must be for sale. No NFS or POR will be allowed. A 35% commission will be retained by RAL for each sale.
- There is no theme for this exhibition.
Juror and Awards Judge
Gabrielle Tillenburg holds a B.F.A. in Film from the University of Central Florida. Producing film screenings and coordinating a multimedia exhibition led her to pursue a career in arts administration. A DMV native, she returned to the District and has worked as the Visual Arts Coordinator at the Mansion at Strathmore in Bethesda, MD for the past four years. In addition to developing exhibition-related events and education opportunities, she has programed 21 solo and duo exhibitions of emerging to mid-career artists and coordinates their annual juried exhibitions. At Strathmore she has curated Surfacing
, a photography exhibition exploring concepts introduced by philosopher Roland Barthes,
and is curating two forthcoming exhibitions for their 2020 season. Outside of Strathmore, she has worked with Adah Rose Gallery at Pulse Miami, curated Soft Serve
at Willow Street Gallery and participated as a reviewer for their public Portfolio Review program in partnership with East Coast Art Collective. Gabrielle is on the board of Touchstone Foundation for the Arts, a committee member of ArtWatch, and a 2019-2020 Faith Flanagan Fellow with Art Table DC with which she has co-published In Defense of Art.
Her film, Fantasy Land
, has exhibited at film festivals throughout the United States and abroad, and her production work has been awarded competitive grants from Kodak and the Coup de Coeur at Cannes Film Festival.
- First Place Award, Sponsored by Diana Beebe, Five hundred dollars ($500.00), and the opportunity to have a solo exhibition in 2021, concurrent with the 2021 RAL Regional Juried Photography Exhibition.
- Second Place Award, Sponsored by Sally Packard and Dinah Reath, Two-hundred fifty dollars ($250.00).
- Third Place Award, Sponsored by Coastal Camera Club, One-hundred fifty dollars ($150.00).
- Twenty Dollars ($20.00) (Registration fee is non-refundable)
- Artists receive a commission payment of sixty-five percent (65%) of the sales price for works sold during this exhibition. Checks are mailed to the artists no later than the end of the second week of the month following a sale.
- Following the exhibition: Artists must pay the Rehoboth Art League a commission payment of thirty-five percent (35%) of the sales price for any work sold to a buyer who was first introduced to it while on display during this exhibition.
Submission Requirements (General)
- Each artist may submit up to three (3) works for review.
- Only online entries will be reviewed.
- Original images must have been taken no earlier than December, 2017.
- Works must be available to be on display throughout the entire length of this exhibition.
- There are no size limitations for works entered into this call.
- Works must have never been displayed at the Rehoboth Art League.
Online Submission Image Requirements
- Submission images must be less than 4MB (each)* and have a minimum dimension length of 960px**
- * For image files over 4MB: Check out this instructional video that reviews how to resize an image file using both Mac and Windows operating systems. If after watching this video you are still unable to resize your file, attach the file(s) to an email directed to the Exhibitions Director with a request to resize it/them. Once resized, the files will be returned by email.
- **Don't panic If you are unfamiliar with how to determine the pixel dimensions of a file. ArtCall is designed to adjust over 95% of all submissions to the proper specifications required for the juror. Continue to enter your submission(s) by following the step-by-step instructions provided by ArtCall. Art league staff review submissions as they come in and will contact you if there is are any problems.
- The Exhibitions Director has the right to remove any works from display whose presentation is felt to be unprofessional. This includes the type and condition of the
frame, mat, and glass.
- All works must be wall-hung ready, with a wire. No saw-tooth hangers are permitted.
- Artists are responsible for the security of the wires placed on their works.
- Artists will be asked to rewire works that the Exhibitions Director feels are unstable and for all works that have exposed wires while hanging.
- In advance of idelivery, Artist must alert the Exhibitions Director of works that have hanging requirements/elements other than a wire, and for any work with a frame size larger than 2400 sq. inches (I.e., larger than 60” x 40”).
- If you have never registered to an RAL juried exhibition: Click the "Register" button located in the upper right corner of this page.
- If you have entered a Rehoboth Art League Call for Entry within the past three years using this program: Click the "Login" button and enter your email and password.
If you forgot your password click "Forgot Password" to reset.
- Following Login: You will be asked to provide your personal contact information and to pay the registration fee of $20.00 by credit card. If you would like to pay by check, contact Nicholas Serratore.
- Once your registration is completed you will be directed to enter your submissions. Note: You are not required to enter any or all of your submissions and/or their attributes at this time.
- Following registration: “Login” to this call at any time prior to the Call Deadline to enter and/or edit your submissions. This includes the ability to both deleting a previously entered submission and replacing it with another.
- *NOTE: Based upon the security settings of your computer or server and/or those set by your internet carrier, emails from ArtCall (artcall.org) may be filtered into you SPAM or JUNK folders. Contact the Exhibitions Director if you do not receive an email confirming your registration shortly following its completion.
Delivery of Exhibition Works
- Exhibition works (drop-off or shipped) must be delivered to: The Rehoboth Art League, 12 Dodds Lane, Rehoboth Beach, DE, 19971, by the Delivery Deadline.
- Delivery Dates: January 7 through January 21, 2020, during the designated times posted below.*
- Delivery Deadline (drop-off or shipped): January 21, 2020 (3:30pm)
- Please note: The Gallery is closed Mondays from January 1 through April 30. *Contact the Exhibitions Director if you need to drop off your work on a Monday.
- Delivery Times: Tuesday - Saturday, 10am – 3:30pm; Sunday, noon – 3:30pm.
- The Exhibitions Director must approve delivery dates and times that fall outside these parameters.
Pick-up of Works Following Exhibition Close
- Pick-up of Dates: March 10 through March 13.
- Pick-up Times: Tuesday through Saturday, 10am – 3:30pm. Sunday, Noon to 3:30pm.
- *The gallery is closed on Mondays from Jan 1 – April 30, 2020. *Artists wishing to pick up their unsold work on Monday please notify the Exhibitions Director.
- The Exhibitions Director must approve pick-up dates and times that fall outside these parameters.
- The Rehoboth Art League is not responsible for the return of any artwork if unclaimed or when no arrangements have been made.
- Works remaining in the gallery following the Pick-up Deadline are subject to a storage fee of five dollars ($5.00) / day / piece, unless the Artist and Exhibitions Director have mutually agreed to other arrangements. To avoid any fees, contact the Artistic Director in advance of the deadline for any extenuating circumstances.
- Works remaining at the RAL after two (2) months following the close date of this exhibition will be forfeited to the Rehoboth Art League, unless the Artist and Exhibitions Director have mutually agreed to other arrangements. Sales of these works will support exhibition programming at the art league.
- Damages: The Rehoboth Art League makes every attempt to transfer and hang artworks with extreme care and is not responsible for any damage that may occur.
- Unless the Exhibitions Director is otherwise notified at the time of submission, the Artist gives permission to the Rehoboth Art League to use any submission image, whether or not selected by the juror to be included into the exhibition, on its website, social media posts, internal brochures and the press for promotional purposes only. The Rehoboth Art League recognizes that the Artist maintains copyright of their images and agrees to clearly post an image credit, noting the Artist name and title of the work.
By registering and submitting works into this call for entry, you agree to the above terms and conditions.
Image Credit: 2019 First Place Winner, "D'Angelo as Mary Magdalene" acrylic medium, pigment print, and pigment ink by Antonio McAfee
USE THE MENU BAR AT THE TOP OF THIS APPLICATION TO REGISTER AND LOGIN